Updated: 02/04/20 | February 4th, 2020 The Cornwall region is the farthest west you can go in England. The county is filled with farms, small towns (I stayed in Lostwithiel, population 3,000), and tiny fishing villages. The area has been populated since the Neolithic and Bronze Age. Eventually, the Britons (who were Celtic in origin) claimed the region, with the first written account of the region dating all the back to the 4th century BCE. It’s been an important maritime region for centuries, though these days the area isn’t held in high regard. Cornwall is usually referred to as the backwater of England and its residents as rubes. Its image in England is like that of Kentucky or Tennessee in the United States. And, just like those two states, the stereotype of Cornwall is anything but true. This simple lifestyle is what gives Cornwall its charms and is one of the reasons it’s been the best place I’ve been in England. I could have easily spent the whole sum...
Comments
Post a Comment